Every bride feels as if she’s forgotten to do or get something before her big day. Accessories can be easy to forget and we don’t want you to end up feeling anxious on your wedding day. It is also important to ensure that you shop for and find all of your accessories ahead of time. The last thing you want is not being able to find the perfect necklace or pair of shoes a week before your wedding day. This is why we have put together a list of essential wedding dress accessories to ensure that you don’t forget anything.
What Accessories Do You Need on a Wedding Day?
The most important accessory on your wedding day is your partner and the ring, with which you pledge your undying love for them. However, if you are not eloping in Vegas, you are planning a big day with friends and family to surround you. This means that you have spent countless hours online, looking for wedding dress inspiration, gone to boutiques to fit a variety of options, and have found the perfect dress for your perfect day. It is important to remember that you need to accessorise! Not only will the right accessories elevate your wedding dress, but they will also ensure that you are comfortable on the day.
An Essential Wedding Dress Accessories List
Even if you are a bride that prefers simplicity, there are a few must-have accessories that aren’t just there for show, but actually serve a function!
- Veil: A veil is very traditional as it symbolises the chastity, purity, and modesty of a bride. It is also a beautiful moment as your veil is removed and your partner sees your face for the first time; well, at least for the first time on the day. If you are not all about tradition, you can also choose to wear a headpiece such as a tiara.
- Shoes: After your dress, shoes are probably the most important part of your wedding day outfit. They should be both comfortable and beautiful. It is also advisable to purchase this accessory at the same time as your dress, as your dress will be hemmed according to the height of your shoes.
- Bolero: Even if you are getting married in summer, it is advisable to invest in a bolero so that you don’t have to be cold should some bad weather roll in.
- Clutch: Yes, a clutch is necessary! You are going to want to have somewhere to store your lipstick and some other emergency supplies should you need them.
- Jewellery: It is important to choose the perfect jewellery to compliment your wedding dress. Your jewellery shouldn’t overpower your dress, but wearing none at all could be too plain. Therefore, make sure to look at a lot of options and find the perfect balance.
- Garter: If you are going the traditional route, then a garter is a must-have. The removal of the garter is a fun and timeless tradition. Make sure to find something that suits you and your wedding aesthetic.
- Lingerie: Every bride wants to feel beautiful on their wedding day and lingerie is the perfect way to ensure that all of your best attributes are highlighted and ready for your dress. Plus, one always feels more confident when you know you’re wearing irresistible lingerie under your clothing.
Bridal Wardrobe stocks most of the items you would need to complete your accessory shopping for your big day, making it easy and convenient to get everything you desire. Contact us at Bridal Wardrobe to find out more about our wedding accessories collection.