Wedding dress shopping can be one of the most enjoyable aspects of the wedding planning process. You get to enjoy trying out every dress imaginable with those closest to you and let’s not forget the moment that you actually find that one perfect dress. It is absolutely unforgettable. However, there are some things to keep in mind when shopping for your perfect dress. In this article, we will provide you with the dos and dont’s of shopping for a wedding dress.
There are a variety of things to keep in mind when shopping for a wedding dress and here is everything you should know to do when shopping to make the experience the best it can be!
- Start Early: Finding the perfect dress for your big day could take some time. It’s not often that a bride-to-be walks into a bridal boutique and finds the dress of their dreams within the first hour. Even if you get this lucky, you will still need alterations done. Therefore, it is best to start the search about 9 months before your wedding. This will also ensure that you can enjoy the experience in a relaxed state, instead of stressing about whether or not you will find a dress in time.
- Take Trusted People Along: Dress shopping can be overwhelming if you’re doing it alone, plus, it’s an experience that you will want to share with your nearest and dearest. Try to take along your best friends and even your mother. Not only will they offer support and shower you with compliments, but they will be able to answer the all-important question; “How do I look”?
- Include Appropriate Underwear: Finding the right underwear to wear under your dress is extremely important. Not only do you want the underwear to follow the lines of your dress and be invisible, but you also want it to shape you in all the right places. Therefore, always shop for your wedding day underwear along with your dress.
- Research Beforehand: It might be a good idea to research some designers or even dress shapes and styles to suit your wedding before you go dress shopping. This will help you form a loose idea of what you might want and could narrow down the search a bit.
- Go With Your Gut: No matter what your friends, family, or the professionals say; you should go with your gut when choosing a dress. Choose the dress you can envision yourself walking down the aisle in. When you try on the perfect dress you will instantly know and you should follow that gut feeling! After all, a wedding dress should make you feel confident and beautiful on your big day.
Now that we’ve covered all of the dos, let’s look at some of the don’ts. We promise it will make everything so much easier if you avoid these pitfalls.
- Try On a Dress That’s Out of Budget: While it is tempting to try on every dress in the boutique, it is advisable to stay away from dresses out of your budget. You could end up falling in love with a dress you can’t afford and will compare every other dress to that one. However, do enquire whether your chosen boutique has a wedding dress-for-hire option as this might solve the budget issue.
- Forget About Comfort: While we are all focused on how we look, we shouldn’t forget about comfort. Your wedding day is a long one, and if you do not feel comfortable after 10 minutes of wearing a dress, you will definitely feel a lot worse after 10 hours. Your wedding day should be enjoyed and you shouldn’t be distracted by discomfort.
- Keep a Closed Mind: There might be a dress or two that someone else suggests you try on while wedding dress shopping. Perhaps this dress isn’t what you envisioned or had planned but try it on anyway! You never know whether it might be the one.
- Shop for Your Future Body: While we all have plans of losing weight before our wedding, it might not be the best idea to shop for your future body. Find a dress that fits you and your shape now. This will prevent you from having the extra stress of weight loss before your big day. Remember, your fiance already loves you just the way you are!
Let Bridal Wardrobe Help You Find the Perfect Wedding Dress
Bridal Wardrobe has a variety of well-known designers and beautiful dresses for you to choose from. We also offer a wedding dress-for-hire option to help relieve any budget issues that might arise. We take pride in and strive to create the most luxurious and fun wedding dress shopping experience while offering expert advice throughout your shopping experience. Ultimately, we do everything in our power to ensure you find the wedding dress of your dreams!
Make a booking at Bridal Wardrobe to have the best wedding dress shopping experience imaginable.